The Polar Walk is coming to town!
Wednesday, Feb. 5th 2014
Are you ready to pull out your warm cloths and polar bear hats again?!
For the 5th year in a row, we invite all Moscow schools to participate in this healthy and fun community event.
Little polar bears will be hidden for students to find along their routes to school, and hot chocolate will be served to all participants (kids and adults) once they arrive at school by U of I volunteers.
Ways adults can be a part of this fun event:
- Walk or sled with your students to school
- Offer to lead a Walking School Bus and pick up other kids in your neighborhood along your route
- Dress up in with a fun hat or a polar bear something
- Post comments about the event (and pictures if you’d like) on our “Safe Routes to School Moscow” Facebook page
- Remind and help students to dress warmly
Please also remind students to wear bright and reflective clothing when walking at dawn and dusk.
For more information and for ways to volunteer for this event at your school, please contact Brooke Lowry (Safe Routes to School Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org, or see more details on our website: www.SR2Smoscow.com/blog