Bike Trains are a fun way for parents and kids to bike to school and practice safe bike skills together along the way!
A bike train usually has 2-3 parents (a parent at each end and one in the middle if it’s long) and has designated locations where they stop to pick up participants along the way.
Make your bike train fun by creating a theme, wear matching clothing, stopping at a point out interest along the way… or just keep it simple and bike with your family.
The key is to be safe and have fun!
On May 2nd for Fill the Racks many groups will be creating bike trains and biking together to their school.
Find a bike train going to your school below…or start one yourself!
West Park Elementary
This route is pretty amazing because it is completely on the bike trail so it is safer than the road, and he says his young daughter has no problem doing the 2 miles ride!
4 Bike Trains will be heading to Russel Elementary at 7:50 from the locations listed below. Eric Hudelson is the contact person for the bike trains to Russell firstname.lastname@example.org (208) 882-2715:
- corner of Rodeo Dr. and E. Polk Extension (by the PCEI driveway),
- in front of Safeway,
- Corner of Almon St. and W. E St. (behind Rosauers)
- PCRHS (alternative high school) parking lot (across from A &W)
- Our supervised Walking-Riding School Bus will be leaving the corner of Mountain View and Rolling Hills Dr. at 8:05am, so if you want to drop kids off with bikes by 8am they can ride together with our volunteers to school.
- Starting at Orchard and Virginia, two families will be biking their usual route on North Grant to the school
Moscow Charter School
- Mountain View Park (meet at 7:50, leave at 8:00) park in the parking lot, bike along the bike path to F St. then on the road to Moscow Charter
- E St and Moore at top of hill (leave at 7:55), bike along E St. to the Jr. High, then continue along F St. past the Aquatics Center to Moscow Charter
**If you would like to list your school’s bike train on this post for others to join you, please email the details of your Bike Train to email@example.com