Here’s the summary of International Walk to School day at Moscow Charter School!
- They had 70 kids sign Charlie’s paper saying they walked or biked (he missed a few too probably!)
- One large Walking School bus walked up Mountain view past Mayor Chaney on Mountain view and D St. She said it was great to see!
- Only 3 kids got off the bus which surprised everyone waiting at the school!
- 15 students from Moscow Junior High School got off at MCS and walked to school from there!
- 4 parent volunteers and 3 college student volunteers (more than enough help! Yeah.)
Comments from UI Volunteers:
- “Sidwalk chalk was fun – students signed their names and drew pictures of footprints and bikes”
- “Signs were bright and colorful”
- Stickers and reflectors were great incentives, and the students really seemed to like them”
- “Adult/parent leader was GREAT and so enthusiastic!”
- “All interactions wer positives and fun!”
- “Students at MCS were surprised to see only 3 people riding on the school bus”
- “Organisation was excellent at MCS”
- “Not many people parked in the parking lot which was good”
Here are some pictures!